Skip to main content

Waivers and fees

Petitions for Fall 2022 will be coming soon.

Please note that the Waiver Application only allows you to apply for a waiver for your current address. Therefore your address will need to be up to date. If you are not living in BYU Contracted Housing, be sure to check the "I don't live in contracted housing" box. To update your address Click Here!

Waiver Inquiry

If you would like to request preliminary waiver approval before signing a housing contract, please click on the link below. Be aware that when you received preliminary approval you will still need to fill out a General Waiver or a Living with Family Declaration.

Living with Family Declarations

Family Declarations may be granted to students who are residing with their parents, grandparents, a married sibling, or a married aunt or uncle. To Apply for a Family Declaration click on the link below, and then select "New Living With Family Waiver."

General Waivers

General Waivers may be granted to students who demonstrate special needs or circumstances which necessitate living in a non-contracted facility. To Apply for a General Waiver click on the button below, and then select "New General Waiver."

Extend an Existing Waiver

Waiver Extension Requests for Fall 2020 Open on Aug 15th

Living with Family Waivers may be extended. General Waivers may be extended depending on the circumstances. To see if you can request an extension, click on the link below. If nothing has changed in your living situation and the Extend button is available, click on the Extend Waiver button.

Fee Appeal

If you have received a non-compliant housing fee on your account, please click on the link below. A committee will review your case and make a determination if the fee will be reversed.